Happy New Year!!
My first goal is to remember to write 2014 instead of 2013 for the date. I might spend a few moments practicing, 2014, 2014, 2014…
I have enjoyed reading what my fellow bloggers are choosing for their one word for 2014. I could not decide until this morning what my word for should be…but now I have it.
Reasons why I chose the word squirrel:
- These fun loving creatures work hard and play hard.
- The word brings a smile to face and no guilt to my heart.
- My family is already familiar to what happens when mom is chasing squirrels.
- I want to embrace the nutty life the Lord has given me.
- I thought I would have more fun with the word squirrel then with the word focus.
I even created a squirrel printable to help me out. The download includes one with lines and one without lines.
My main goal with my squirrel printable is to write down what I need to do on-line before getting on my computer. I can not even begin to count how many times last year I would have 2 or 3 things I need to do and then an hour later would shut my laptop and realize I had chased squirrels the whole time.
Then while I am on-line working on my important items and see a squirrel I can jot it down on my paper to return to it later.
I want my word squirrel to remind me to schedule some fun this year. I have a dear friend who just closes her calendar and takes time to relax. I marvel at how she does it.
I will be adding squirrel time to my calendar and when my thoughts start racing through my head on what I should be doing…I will pull out my squirrel paper, write them down, and move on to relaxing.