Years and years have gone into the making of this project. Of course most of the years the glass was rolling around in the ocean. About a few times a year I take my kids to our special beach where you can hear the waves “clink” from the glass rolling in them. After looking on Pinterest and seeing a few mosaics done in sea glass we got excited to do one on the United States.
Sea Glass Map Materials:
- Bags of different color sea glass (mad-made sea glass can be purchased at craft stores)
- Super glue
- Map of the U.S.A
- Floating picture frame 16 x 12
Sea Glass Directions:
- Place picture frame on top of the map, this allows the map to be a guide for glass placement.
- Select pieces of sea glass to fill the size of each state. Some states need more then one piece.
- Once the pieces have been placed begin gluing them.
I have a small window over my kitchen sink that receives the afternoon light; I placed the completed sea glass map leaning up against the window.
Now what to make with the rest of our sea glass…..I bet I can find some more ideas on Pinterest!