(Affiliate link ) Illuminations (ILM) is a digital download covering all your subjects but math, deciding what to print can be a little overwhelming.
What subjects I print:
• Read-Alone Guides (RAGS)
• High School Study Guides (HSSG)
• English from the Roots Up (EFRU) Notebook pages
• Graphic Organizers (GO) to go with RAGs
In Illuminations there are 3 kinds of study guides, High School, Family and Read-Alone.
- I transfer the PDF files of the Family Study Guides (FSG) to my iPad. In the past I read them off of my laptop. We do most of the work orally, so the only printing I do are for worksheets that may be included in the FSG.
- RAGs are designed for the student to complete independently. I make a copy of each RAG for each of my students. I keep them in one notebook and my kids know at the beginning of each week to move their RAG from the binder to their current week’s clipboard. I will scan the RAGs for any needed GOs, and print them to be added to the RAG.
- HSSGs are printed and placed in each high school’s kid literature notebook. We pick and choose guides for high school students, they get their own literature notebook.
I create spelling notebooks for each student. I copy the “How to Study Your Spelling Words” and place in the beginning of their notebooks. Then I print out the lesson plans for their level. I place week one in a page protector and add blank notebook paper. Each week they place that week’s lesson in the page protector, this helps keep track where they are throughout the year.
I create copywork notebooks for each student. Copywork is the one PDF that allows you to cut and paste from it. I found a website that allows me to paste in words and it will create either print or cursive copywork pages.
I create EFRU notebooks for each student. There are 3 different styles of notebook pages to choose from. I make 10 copies of each style. Then I allow my kids to pick which style they want to use for their new Greek/Latin root word.
All of the printing I do over the summer during my school prep time. During your planning time don’t forget to fill your Queue at Netflix with movies from the Illuminations list.
The schedule grids I print each week.
Everything else I read on my computer. If a subject needs to be re-scheduled I might print out part of the lesson plan to remind us where we are in the curriculum.
Some of my other posts on Illuminations: