How I used Illuminations Schedule to Create a Custom To Do List
I have really been struggling with forgetting things, or just winging my work hours and not really having a plan. In keeping with my word for 2015, Stones, I decided I needed to spend a few moments on writing some goals and to do lists. I started a google search looking for planners, schedules, and to do lists.
After about 30 minutes I decided I would probably need to create my own since I did not trust my brain to learn a new system. I took a moment to think what I might already have to help keep me on task.
How To Tweak the Illuminations Schedule:
- Open up the program and select create a new schedule.
- I selected the subject family bible and created the new schedule.
- I began adding custom subjects for each different area of my schedule.
- I added homeschool, Lane kids, blogging, BIP and errands.
- I then deleted family bible from the schedule.
- I struggle with grading papers. It is the one thing at the end of the day I drag my feet on, I am hoping adding it to my homeschool list will hold me accountable to getting it done.
- I need to keep a tab on things I need to print or create for lessons.
- Some homeschool days require some extra teaching time
- In this section I am going to focus on one goal for each of my kids.
- I am going to assign a day to each kid, so at least once a week I am having some focused one-on-one meetings.
Blogging and BIP:
- I do keep a blogging notebook, but I needed to have a few visual reminders on what I need to do with the blog.
- I need to work on setting office hours to keep the on-line world from taking over the schedule.
- I need to keep track of my BIP projects.
- Just an extra place to add reminders of what the week looks like and what errands I need to remember.
Since I am already in the habit of creating a schedule each week for my kids, I am thinking adding a few extra minutes to create one for me should be an easy adjustment.
Maybe you need a What’s for dinner or exercise line for your list.
Since I have only chosen 5 topics there is plenty of space in the Notes for this week for any mind dumps and other reminders.
Have you created any unique documents with the Illuminations Schedule?