The new software included in Illuminations gives me the freedom to create custom schedules in under 10 minutes each week.
At the beginning of the school year a small amount time is needed to select and create the schedule. Once saved the schedule can be labeled by the child’s name and an icon remains on my desktop. Each week I click the icon, click the week we are on, make a few changes and print.
My kids love knowing at a glance what they will be learning for the week. They are also accountable to complete the work in the grids. My kids use it as a check list and will mark off the completed assignments. It becomes very visual on how much is completed and still needs to be done by Friday.
Illuminations Schedule Video:
In this Youtube video I begin with a new schedule using Illuminations Year 1.
- I select which subjects I want to include in the schedule.
- I change the color of the grids. Yes, white is an option to help with keeping down costs of printer ink.
- I change the order of subjects and edit information in the grids.
- I add a custom subject with the template option.
- At the end of the video, I point out the view curriculum button which allows access to the literature study guides and lesson plans included in Illuminations.
Still have questions about the schedule software in Illuminations? Tomorrow I have another video on more custom tweaks and tricks on creating a schedule using the Illuminations software.
There are other videos about Illuminations on the Bright Ideas Press website.
Do not forget to enter the give-away for the $50.00 gift certificate to the Bright Ideas Press store.
Follow this link to the first post in the series, “Why I love Illuminations” to enter the give-away.