Things are definitely different when you are planning a teenager’s birthday party. The first thing I did was create a Pinterest board titled “Birthday Party Ideas for Book Lovers” and invited my teen to pin her likes and ideas.
Having shared her birthday parties with her other 2 siblings for the past 15 years, my daughter had huge plans for a Sweet 16 Party. In my defense when you have 3 children with birthdays only 22 days apart…it’s almost impossible to do 3 separate parties.
Birthday Party Ideas for Book Lovers: Decorations
- Each table represented one of her favorite author’s. She included her stack of books by the author and a favorite quote. We placed the quotes in picture frames.
- She did take a page from a book and cut a heart out and glued to a root beer bottle to hold flowers.
- The photographer in me wanted photos of everyone in attendance. We did splurge and buy a backdrop and props from Oriental Trading. If you do buy a backdrop from them, buy one that is patterned and doesn’t have to match. It comes in folded plastic sheets and can be difficult to look nice. The props really helped with creating some fun photos.
Birthday Party Ideas for Book Lovers: Food
- Yes the cupcakes had mini books on top of them.
- Other than themed cupcakes the rest of the food was standard party snacks. I thought about giving them creative names but ran out of time.
- Bookworm Party Goody Bags I created this PDF so I could share the top of the goody bag I created for the book lovers party. We took the clear candy bags and added gummy worms. Then folded the cardstock in half and stapled to the bag.
- Originally I wanted to create a Jeopardy style game on questions about each of her favorite authors but I ran out of brain power. Instead I wrote down 20 book titles on slips of paper to play Literature Pictionary.
- I found some great free bookmark designs on the web. I printed them on cardstock and supplied things to decorate with.
- For the higher level crafter, book earrings were popular.
- I had some old library cards that I asked people to write notes of encouragement. These are now a lovely keepsake from the party.
Yeah! For Sweet 16 birthday memories.