Since our history and science curriculmns overlap often, completing a 7 Days of Creation project was a great combination to both subjects. (Affiliate Links) We are using the Mystery of History and Christian Kids Explore Creation Science.
I found the Lego green and blue boards to be great foundations for building the 7 days of creation project. Since days 1, 2, and 4 don’t really require building our Lego building focus was on plants, land animals, and sea creatures.
I broke this project down into a few different days. One day the boys built plants and tress, the next day sea creatures, and then land animals. Once they had a stock pile of living items they were ready to photograph each day of creation.
7 Days of Creation Project: Poster
- For creating light they photographed the blue board next to a white piece of paper.
- For separating the expanse they photographed the blue board next to a darker blue piece of paper.
- For creating land with plants they photographed the green board with their selected plants and trees.
- For the night sky I helped by taking a photo of the blue board and placing stars and sun on it using Illustrator. I think stickers of sun and stars could be used too.
- For sea creatures we placed the green and blue boards next to each other and then placed their sea creatures on top of the blue board.
- We created a Lego Adam and placed him on the green board so he could begin naming the animals.
- For day 7 the boys built a bed with a Lego man resting. They thought this was the best way to represent the 7th day of creation and complete their project.
After the photos were taken I had the boys dictate to me the verses they wanted for each picture. I typed them up, printed them, and then the boys taped them to their posters. I had some foam letters and numbers from an old project, just enough to create a title and number the photos.
7 Days of Creation Project: Helpful links for directions
- How to build a shark
- How to build a fish
- How to build a butterfly
- How to build a dinosaur
- How to build trees
- How to build birds
(Amazon Affiliate links on items I found useful for this project. Buying through these links help to support the running of this blog)