We were at the library yesterday and saw the advertising for the summer reading program. I am always shocked how a sheet of paper, a strip of stickers and a chance for a prize motivates my kids to want to spend some of their summer reading!
So fast-forward to this morning, since our bible reading comes from our school curriculum and we are finishing that up. I told my 7 year old, go read you bible. He was immediately lost on what he should read and slumped on the couch. Hmm might need to offer some guidance here.
Summer Reading Plan for His Glory
A Family Challenge
- I decided we should read through the New Testament over the summer.
- I found some great bible reading plans.
- I even found one with the New Testament broken down to read in 90 days! No need to make my own.
- Of course no plan is complete with out a reading chart!
- I asked my kids if they had any stickers, cause you know those things multiply when you aren’t looking.
I then remembered I had some great family activity coupons lying in a drawer, the kind of coupons that can get you ice cream for dinner or a special outing with dad. I grabbed a lovely red gift bag and added the coupons to it.
At the end of June, July and August if your reading chart is filled with stickers you can grab a coupon out of the bag! Hmm I might need to come up with a coupon my husband and I can strive towards. It always makes things fun when the kids can check to see how WE parents are doing.