Here are simple DIY Christmas Ornaments that would go great with The Mystery of History, Volume I.
Since volume 1 covers creation to Christ it includes lessons on the kings and prophets of the Old Testament. Just like the Israelites in Joshua 4 built a monument to remember how The Lord helped them cross the Jordan River, these ornaments can help students remember Old Testament lessons.
To keep this simple, focus on the lessons you have read. If you need to keep it simpler I suggest taking a bag of whistles or trumpets and writing the name of each prophet you have read about.
If you want to really get involved then create one for each prophet or lesson and keep a small tree up all school year.
DIY Christmas Ornaments Supplies:
- Organza Favor Bags
- Snack size ziplock bag tied with a red ribbon
Various items for inside DIY Christmas Ornaments:
- Plastic Whistle if you can not find trumpets
- Building blocks or a lego brick
- Crown stickers
- Ask your kids which Prophets they remember from their history lessons.
- Make a list of the ones they remember
- Refer to the book for help
- If your list is quite long, select your favorite 5-7 to place in your bag.